7 months ago
Specialist, Program Management
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57215BR Date posted 11/22/City Troy
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The subject role is critical to the success of the Boeing Programs group. This role is responsible for monitoring and managing key aspects of critical retrofit campaigns, which are critical to the customer satisfaction of our airline customers. This role is also responsible for analysis of the financial performance of the department and for accurately and clearly communicating status to Sr. Leadership. Interaction with Boeing is required, including management of several OTD and related reports.
* Responsible for supporting program leadership with preparation of internal and external metrics and presentations.
* Plan and monitor progress of retrofit programs. Coordinate with Supply Chain Management and Global Demand Planning to ensure industrial plans align with supplier capacity and delivery requirements. Monitor inventory levels and shipments of hardware at UTAS and customer locations to ensure adequate spares inventories. Alert program leadership of gaps and propose contingency plans to avoid spares shortages.
* Support program leadership preparation for customer coordination calls. Update customer metrics and attend coordination calls to provide update. Work with program leadership to prepare responses to customer questions.
* Support ASHM-based demand analysis and communicate details to Global Demand Planning.
* Coordinate and conduct submittal of deliverables to customers via their business systems, including OTD reports.
* Conduct investigations into root cause of on-time delivery and quality issues
* Support work transfer notification processing
* Support investigations of hardware status in support of root cause investigations
* Monitor and help manage flow of LRUs through RG and UTAS Service Centers to SIS
* Support department’s PDPR objectives and serve as primary editor of department’s report-out presentations.
* Travel occasionally required
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Flexible working arrangements available
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Experience with SAP and Business Objects
* Experience working on multiple projects and programs that involve the Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain Management organizations. Demonstrated ability to get tasks and activities completed through others without direct supervisor reporting structure.
* Proven track record of maintaining positive long-term business relationships utilizing strong interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to support all customer information requests as well as communicate effectively both internally and externally.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills utilizing the telephone, e-mail, web conference, and in-person.
* Good presentation skills.
* Candidate should be motivated, organized, and a self-starter.
Education: Bachelor's degree and 4+ years or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience in asset management, planning, program management or financial analysis.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.