4 months ago
As a successful Business Specialist on the Business Technology team the candidate will play a critical role in articulating business processes, gathering and documenting business requirements, facilitating project conversations with stakeholders, and collaborate with the project manager to describe and monitor project dependencies, risks, and their mitigations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in re-engineering business and system processes for aircraft maintenance, considering current state, desired future state and exception-handling.
* Define business and functional requirements, collaborate with technical resources to ensure technical designs and configuration aligns with requirements.
* Continuously deliver against agile sprints and business-critical priorities.
* Act as an advocate to ensure overall system usability and adoption.
* Facilitate meetings and gather requirements across all departments through all project phases.
* When gathering requirements, ability to use interviews, diagraming and requirement workshops to produce all necessary business and functional requirements.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Support testing to ensure that project deliverables are met.
* Support training efforts to ensure that end users can work within the system.
* Assist in business unit demos for completed functionalities.
* Demonstrate a flexible mindset by adapting to and helping drive change.
* Provide timely status updates to management.
* BA/BS in a field such as Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 Years’ experience as a Requirements Analyst
* Business and technical requirements, analysis, elicitations, modeling, verification, and methodology development
* Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, agile) and how the business analysis processes work through them
* Basic understanding of SQL or similar analytical toolset
* Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery
* Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality
* Analytical Tools & Processes: Use Cases, Workflows, Data Modeling, Domain Models, User Stories, UML, Test Matrices, Requirements Documentation / Management, GAP Analyses
* Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
* Advanced data analytic skills
* Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences
* Professional and effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others
* Experience with tools such as SharePoint 2013, Lotus Notes, K2
* Airline experience
* Sabre experience
* Experience in co-coordinating effort across team members who may not be co-located
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 13225
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Database, SQL, Engineering, Technology