12 months ago
What does a Logistics, Trade, and Compliance Specialist do for Allegiant?
* The Logistics, Trade, and Compliance Specialist is responsible for activities related to the international trade compliance, hazmat, and logistics programs within the Stores Department
What are some of the daily duties of a Logistics, Trade, and Compliance Specialist?
* Develops and maintains import/export controls to ensure regulatory compliance
* Administers training and performs audits to ensure effectiveness of trade compliance processes
* Performs centralized import and export functions for material movements
* Maintains and monitors trade compliance records in accordance with regulations
* Determines and assigns HTS, Country of Origin, and ECCN classifications for aircraft material
* Works with the company’s broker to insure quick and accurate import Customs clearances
* Arranges transportation and logistics for oversize and expedited material
* Manages and consolidates freight to reduce costs
* Oversees overall transportation and logistics to implement cost savings initiatives
* Maintains scorecards to monitor and analyze vendor performance
* Oversees hazmat storage and shipping program
* Audits hazmat program for compliance and accuracy
* Responsible for hazardous waste and environmental compliance programs within the Stores Department
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Supply Operations.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Logistics, Trade, and Compliance Specialist?
* College degree or equivliant experience required
* IATA/49CFR hazmat shipper experience
* Minimum 6 years experience in import/export, hazmat, and logistics
* Travel requirements up to 15%
* Understanding of ITAR export controls
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Logistics, Trade, and Compliance Specialist?
* Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with ability to manage multiple and varied activities
* An ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
* Ability to report monthly metrics
* LEAN experienced
* Must be able to work without direct supervision
* Critical thinker
What are the physical requirements of a Logistics, Trade, and Compliance Specialist?
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required