Assist in administration, oversight, and coordination of team member benefits, leave of absence programs, Workers’ Comp and Disability Programs. Will provide care, support, and serve as point of contact for all team members for resolution of benefit issues and Leave and WC information. Partner with HR colleagues to build, automate and maintain function related reporting, analytics and dashboards. Ensures all programs maintain compliance with applicable Company policies, Collective Bargaining Agreements, insurance contracts, HIPPA laws, Federal and State laws, Department of Labor regulations as well as ADA and OSHA regulations.
- Will serve as a resource and point of contact to all team members for all benefits related information and issue resolution, enrollment and life events.
- Responsible for new hire orientation and training of team members on different benefit subjects
- Assists in managing all activities related to claims reported for FMLA, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Works with insurance providers to ensure that all claims are effectively managed
- Develop, implement and monitor claims reporting, as well as create and improve procedures and activities.
- Coordinate with payroll on applicable pay for team members on leaves
- Work with all departments of the organization to ensure leave of absences are reported and coded accurately in all systems.
- Manages the activities and progress of all claims from initiation to return to work.
- Interact with injured Team Members and supervisors in reviewing incident, work status and follow up
- Reporting required OSHA injury surveys
- Consults on potential Light Duty assignments.
- Assist Safety Department in evaluating injuries for a safer working environment.
- Consults with outside counsel for litigated Workers’ Comp and Disability cases.
- Train team members on Workers’ Comp processes, procedures and Disability laws.
- Must be customer driven and be willing to answer all team member benefits, disability, leave and Worker's Compensation questions and concerns through to resolution.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all levels of the organization while maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Superior verbal/written communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Assists Spirit in controlling total disability and leave related expenses by regularly reviewing carrier billing information and employee census data to ensure accuracy.
- Adept at utilizing UltiPro portal and back office systems, Crew track, and kronos to ensure accurate reporting of leaves and disability payments.
- Will present benefits, leave, and disability information in new hire orientations. Skilled at explaining benefits plans, enrollment process, and resolution of coverage / claims issues to team members with little to no understanding of Company benefit plans.
Skills \ Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Human Resources benefits role.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience utilizing Kronos is preferred
- Travel up to 25%