9 months ago
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Aerospace is a $12 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced mechanical and electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries
Responsibilities of Position
Manages Global procurement process for all hardware and services needed to fulfill asigned requirements. Schedules and places hardware orders by identifying the best possible source for high quality material and services; performs associated activities, such as price/cost savings and supplier surveillance; maintains proper inventory levels.
Responsible for supplying finished products for production programs and aftermarket demand.
Tracks individual part delivery and prioritization for both short-term and long-term requirements. Work with suppliers to prioritize product in their shop. Interface with product line to implement improvements in supplier performance. Provides on-site presence at supplier as required. Coordinates transition loading or off-loading of work, as required. Performs data entry and analysis of delivery dates into database. Follows-up with supplier weekly (at minimum) with greater focus on critical hardware. Establishes routine communication process between Supply Management/Product Line/Supplier.
Works toward a minimum average on-time delivery rating of 98% with no individual supplier lower than 90%. The incumbent shall plan activities to ensure the availability of hardware to meet engineering and production requirements and schedules. Communicates the status of orders, current or anticipated problems, and circumstances that may affect delivery, quality and/or price to internal customers. Utilizes and interfaces supplier production control systems to manage delivery schedules. Obtains milestone charts from suppliers for critical deliverables. May be assigned to lead special projects and/or assist manager.
Working under minimal supervision, performs a wide range of assignments, using mature judgment and expertise to develop solutions for specified problems
* US Citizenship required due to Government
* Bachelor's degree in business or technical field; 8 additional years of Procurement experience and an Associate’s degree will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
* Procurement experience
* Masters Degree or C.P.M. is a plus
* Knowledge in mechanical supply base for fabrications and
* Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with
internal/external customers at all levels in independent and often stressful
* Track multiple procurement by supplier and manage supplier
improvement plans as needed
* Experienced at vendor follow-up. Acts as intermediary
between vendors and internal customers at multiple sites to resolve
fabrication, cost and schedule issues, to satisfy customers
* Excellent communications, negotiation and interpersonal
* Understanding of government program and property
* Capable of developing sourcing solutions that match specific
* Strong PC skills/experience with SAP, EXCEL, Word, etc
* Ability to understand prints
* Able to negotiate price and delivery dates for non-contract
* Strong customer satisfaction focus. Meets or exceeds
expectations of internal and external customers
* Performs a wide range of complex assignments using mature
judgment to develop solutions to specific problems
* Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimum
supervision under challenging conditions
* Anticipates the needs of internal/external customers and
resolve any quality problems from suppliers impacting customers
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* 1st Shift
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD7312
* Category: Procurement
* Location: Tempe, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.