15 days ago
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Aerospace is a $12 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for providing procurement support and leadership for new product introduction programs in an aerospace environment.
You will partner and work closely with the cross functional integrated program team (IPT) to meet objectives of quality, cost and schedule.
You will hold themselves, and other IPT members, accountable to complete assignments on time to the integrated master schedule.
You will utilize your procurement, negotiation and project management expertise to best meet business objectives.
Your daily activities include, but are not limited to, IPT meeting participation and leadership, bidders list generation, request for quote, eAuction, negotiation, purchase order placement and maintenance.
You will drive continuous improvement and lead change.
Request for quote
Post award management
YOU MUST HAVE:
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Business or related discipline
* Due to Site Security requirements, must be a US Citizen
* Project Management Experience
* Proficiency with SAP in purchasing environment
* Aerospace and/or Automotive industry experience
* Experience with Electrical and Mechanical Commodities
* Aerospace (government & commercial) negotiations experience
* Knowledge of production control and material manufacturing methods is highly desired
* Six Sigma Certification a plus
* Ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment
* Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
* Possesses excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills
* Proficient in MS Office Applications
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
* 1st Shift
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: req121110
* Location: 125 Technology Parkway, Norcross, GA 30092 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.