6 months ago
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Honeywell Aerospace is a $12 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
· Acting as a liaison between Sourcing and all other interfacing organizations to plan, coordinate and implement strategies for all Supply Chain activities related to fulfilling manufacturing and aftermarket requirements.
· Due to interface with global suppliers (time zone differences), the desirable candidate will need to be flexible on the hours worked.
· This individual plans, schedules, and administrates purchase orders to ensure quality hardware is delivered on time.
· Maintains proper inventory levels per order policy. Interacts with personnel throughout the site with frequent outside contacts to discuss/negotiate difficult technical problems.
· Incumbent works under general direction with specified suppliers and hardware. Plans and schedules purchase orders in accordance with the production requirements as shown in the SAP ERP system.
· Manages inventory to a specified inventory plan as required to support the production schedule
· Researches and provides constant feedback to department and management relative to material shortages and supplier’s capacity and capabilities.
· Demonstrates an active commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Lead Time.
· Have effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of employees and management. High degree of confidence, objectivity, tact, diplomacy and ethical conduct is essential.
· Demonstrated ability in negotiations, planning and hardware administration procedures
· Ability to organize work, document and/or report concisely and accurately and be thorough in carrying out the responsibilities of the job.
· Manage supplier forecast and PO acknowledgement process through Honeywell web portal.
Expediting supplier deliveries
Maintain relationship with suppliers
Improves supplier delivery performance through the Supplier Look Ahead process
Liason between suppliers and site to communicate issues and risks
· Bachelor's degree in business or technical field recommended with minimum 4-6 years of purchasing, or 10 years of experience in Purchasing in lieu of a degree.
· Project Management Experience
· Must be proficient in MRP (SAP experience a plus).
· Six Sigma Certification a plus.
· Aerospace Experience
· Experience in an automated EDI environment is preferred.
· Knowledge of production control and material manufacturing methods is highly desired.
· Prior experience in manufacturing.
· Ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment.
· Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
· Demonstrated experience and leadership in order management and logistics.
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
· Proficient in MS Office Applications
· Familiar with E-Auction process
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
* 1st Shift
* Some Travel Required
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD12441
* Category: Procurement
* Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.