9 months ago
Sr. Buyer - Legacy Prorams
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 48998BR Date posted 05/11/City Chula Vista
Country United States
United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) Supply Chain - has an immediate opening for a Buyer within our Legacy Programs at our Chula Vista, California facility. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong people and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Supply Chain Management within our Engine/V2500 production programs. Being a core performer in Supply Chain will require interface with program leadership, engineering, production control, customers and of course the supply base. The candidate must be able to provide delivery assurance, cost management and use their experience and industry leading tools to ensure 100% on-time delivery and quality. The candidate will also prepare RFQs (Request for Quotes), participate in negotiations and issue Purchase Orders in a timely manner. Robust supplier management is a must. Attendance at Supplier Watch List and program material status meetings will be required. Time management skills and the ability to handle high volumes of work in a fast paced environment are essential. This position will also require the candidate to be an ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) participant and advocate. Participation in ACE/Continuous Improvement events and activities will be required.
Qualifications Required Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Advanced understanding of contract structure, business terms and conditions.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Project and MRP/ERP systems.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management.
- Works well in a team environment, highly motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong people / interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Work independently, remain calm under pressure and deal with ambiguity.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- SAP proficiency.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement
Education Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years related experience, or Master's Degree in relevant field and a minimum of 2 years related experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.