5 months ago
Sr. Component Engineer (CAD)
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54348BR Date posted 09/27/City Westford
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
* Generates and administers electrical component symbol library
* Focal point for supporting generation of printed circuit boards
* As the subject matter expert for schematic and PCB layout tools, resolves issues and provides training as needed
* Actively engage design engineers and Value Stream leadership regarding component related issues and product improvements, including obsolescence, GIDEP alerts, etc.
* Assist in selection, evaluation and approval of new components selected for product designs
* Review and approve component related documentation, including SCDs, SOWs, etc.
* Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner/PADS design flow
* Experience administering symbol libraries in a Mentor Graphics environment
* Experience generating electrical symbols and corresponding PCB footprints
* Familiarity with characteristics and selection of components used in printed circuit board and electro-mechanical assemblies
* Familiarity with electronic component manufacturing practices, processes and quality requirements
* Familiarity with electronics industry trends, counterfeit detection and obsolescence
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Knowledge of IPC 2221, 7351 and 600
* Knowledge of tolerances, materials, and processes used to manufacture PCBs
* Familiarity with military, aerospace, and environmental specifications and requirements
* Familiarity with REACh, RoHS and similar worldwide environmental regulations
* Familiarity with global trade requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good presentation skills
* Must be self-directed and a team player
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* 10% travel
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Ability to secure and obtain a DoD Security clearance
Education: At minimum an Associate's degree is required with 7-10 years experience
Bachelor's degree is preferred with 4-7 years experience
Electrical Engineering discipline is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.