7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary responsibility of the Sr. CI/Lean Analyst is to develop and implement Lean 6 Sigma methodology and tools within the business practices and identify projects/tactics that result in cost and cash savings, improvements to customer service, on-time delivery, and improve capital efficiency. This involves developing lean 6 sigma implementation strategies with the manufacturing plant leadership team, providing support in the selection and mentoring of projects, providing assistances within plant areas to identify lean manufacturing improvement areas, and developing/strengthening the Lean 6 Sigma culture change to data driven solutions and deeper lean thinking within the plant. The CI/Lean Analyst will act as a resource for team members on cross-functional teams with their improvement efforts, projects, and tactics that result in improvements to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity. It is expected that the CI/Lean Analyst will complete Timken's TMOS Lean Leadership Training.
* Support implementation and advancement of Timken's Management Operating System (TMOS)
* Development of projects/tactics within the plant. Project implementation and business impact results for; cost, cash, customer service and capital efficiency.
* Directing/mentoring projects and associates in Lean 6 sigma methods and techniques.
* Integration of Lean 6 Sigma tools and methodology within the plant and drive culture deeper within the workforce
* Be a resource for the individuals leading improvement efforts by actively participating in projects that support the Lean strategy to achieve business results in; Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Productivity, and Morale.
* Facilitate Lean events consisting of operations associates (hourly and salaried) focused on the identification and elimination of waste, overburden, or fluctuation.
* Perform basic data analysis to identify opportunities and focus areas for improvements in support of projects.
* Guide and coach associates in the application of Lean manufacturing methods, techniques, and tools.
* Act as a trainer for plant associates in Lean/TPS techniques and methods.
* Actively improve skills as they apply to Lean/TPS methods.
* Deliver communications on Lean topics and information about current or upcoming Lean activities.
* Work with improvement teams to implement lean tools such as: 5S, Standardized Work, Setup Reduction, Zone Control, Visual Management, TPM, etc.
* This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations
* Strong attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and time management skills
* Technical aptitude and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Microsoft office skills required
* Asspciates degree in technical or business field required. Bacherlor's degree preferred
* Minimum 2 years working in Lean manufacturing
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.