Sr. Data Process Analyst
Requisition #: 264648
At Delta Air Lines, past, current and future Data is one of our key drivers in achieving excellent business results. We are seeking a Data Process Analyst to be responsible for acquiring, managing, analyzing, and transforming data into accurate, consistent and timely information for use by the Global Sales and IT project teams. Responsibilities will include identifying, analyzing, and extracting data from a variety of data sources and ensuring that this data is loaded into the target B2B Sales applications in an accurate and timely manner. The analyst will work closely with Business Analysts and IT project teams to achieve results in support of business strategies.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- You will be responsible to elicit and document business requirements; create source-to-target mapping documentation and define data tables, columns, and metadata
- Design, develop, modify, support, debug and evaluate existing production applications and/or ad-hoc reports
- Help with data analysis and data defects identification: work with Technology and Business partners to pull suspect data, determine logistics for data queries, uncover data discrepancies, provide solutions, and communicate/escalate the findings with the users/management to ensure proper follow up
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the translation of business requirement for new applications and reports, serving as a data Subject Matter Expert
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvements among existing consuming applications and reporting solutions
- Complete ad-hoc reporting, data sourcing and analysis requests
- Understand principles, and work effectively in large complex datamarts, such as Teradata and Oracle, Oracle Business Intelligence tools. Also, design and consult with Developers on ETL processes, and work closely with Technology teams to resolve issues with routine and ad hoc data loads as needed
- Design and execute testing and data validation of existing and new systems - support project system, integration, and UAT testing activities
- Design data sourcing solutions for reports and applications that are of high importance and visibility
- Develop complex reports using SQL or MS Access queries, as well as SQL views in Teradata environment
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 5 years of progressive data analytics experience operating in a performance / results oriented "fast-paced" culture
- High comfort level in manipulating and querying large data sets.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database management systems (Teradata, Oracle, IBM UDB, MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server), operational databases, distributed databases, and analytical databases
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills, superior customer service attitude
- Advanced analytical capability
- Ability to multi-task and function efficiently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of data modeling concepts and database principles
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive data sourcing initiatives and projects with no or minimal assistance
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience
- Proficiency with web and client based reporting tools i.e. Tableau, Cognos, and Hyperion
- Familiarity with Mainframe Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, UDB/DB2
- Knowledge of MS Access for data querying and files merging/automation
- Effective interpersonal skills dealing with people at various levels and in a variety of functions
- Functional knowledge of airline business or airline IT processes
- Meticulous attention to detail due to the sensitivity of data
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.