5 months ago
Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business that employs over ten thousand of the world’s most sought-after engineers and technologists.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
In 1951 when Bill Moog founded Moog Inc., he had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Today Moog is a premier provider of performance motion control technology; we are represented by our Aircraft, Space & Defense, Industrial and Components Groups.
The Space and Defense Group is currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design and system architecture of products within the Defense Sector. They will be responsible for interpreting customer requirements, design layout and evaluating performance requirements simulation and analysis tools.. The incumbent leads, plans, and conducts efforts requiring the evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard and nonstandard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. The candidate will independently devise new solutions for the problems encountered and plan and coordinate the work of others. In the early stages of a new program, they will consult with the customer, establish the problem statement, conceive of potential hardware solutions to the problem, often through extensive trade studies, and then create a successful technical proposal.
Here's a bit more of what you can expect...
* Develop new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel.
* Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses.
* Be a key contributor to a design proposal team in preparing a design, estimating costs, and assisting in writing the technical volume.
* Operate effectively as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals, soliciting and being sensitive to design feedback.
* Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
* Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
* Consult on new product and market development efforts.
* Maintain currency with materials technology, industry design requirements (Military, , NASA, etc.), and modern design analysis tools.
Qualified candidates will have…
* Must have a BS degree in engineering with 10 years of extensive experience in creating successful designs of electrohydraulic, electromechanical, mechanical and/or pneumatic servomechanisms and their control electronics or Masters and/or PhD with 6 plus years’ experience with the above.
* CAD systems experience preferably NX with Solidworks capability as a plus.
* In addition, the candidate will work with layout and drafting personnel where a general understanding of GD&T is preferred.
* Background and experience in electromechanical design with a background in gearing, motors, packaging, pneumatics, hydraulics, stress and mechanical system performance analysis, and materials selection is preferred.
* A basic understanding of general machining and manufacturing principals and concepts is required
* Proven record of accomplishments including successfully developed and produced designs and a demonstrated ability to participate in a product design team.
At Moog we solve our customer’s most difficult problems!
Moog is an equal opportunities employer, with a performance culture that encourages people to achieve great things. Working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards and a good quality of life inside and outside of work.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran