9 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to create Timken product designs that meet customer requirements, and to support definition, understanding, and application of engineering specifications and design standards that align products with customer needs and manufacturability. Responsibilities of this position will also include active participation in projects to research, define, and document design standards for Timken Miniature Precision product lines.
* Translate customer requirements into product designs and specifications using established design rules and engineering practices
* Create final product designs that are aligned with design standards and manufacturing (DFM) requirements
* Run design algorithms, perform calculations, and create CAD or product design layouts
* Develop product and design rules, standards, engineering systems, tools, standard work, training materials, and product data structure
* Support manufacturing in resolution of design for manufacturability issues
* Provide technical guidance/ training to design associates
* Lead product engineering support for growth, cost reduction, and/or continuous improvement projects on time to the program schedules
Required Technical/Functional Skills
* Knowledge of bearing designs, and understanding of manufacturing processes
* Demonstrated ability to define and/or perform product design work
* Familiarity with 3D modeling tools and geometric dimensions and tolerances
* Team and communication skills and demonstrated technical capabilities
* Attention to detail and ability to plan and lead individual projects independently
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4 years of related work in precision component design
Note: This position will be located at World Headquarters in North Canton, OH and travel to manufacturing and design centers in Keene and Lebanon, NH will be required (up to 20%).
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.