6 days ago
Requisition ID: 8794
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical and FPGA Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Our team is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to help create high performance FPGA firmware and digital electronics hardware for R&D projects including digital vision, augmented/virtual/mixed reality, machine learning, and neural net systems. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the research we’re doing in these and other areas.
As an engineer on the Advanced Technology Center’s Immersive and Autonomous Systems (IAS) team, you will be a member of an experienced, dynamic design group employing best practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of research in digital vision, Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality (AR/VR/MR) applications, and artificial intelligence (AI).
This position is for an experienced and motivated Electrical or Computer Engineering candidate to be involved in the design, implementation, and integration of a wide variety of high-performance digital FPGAs applied to image processing, AR/VR/MR, and AI applications. In addition, some digital hardware design may be required which involves schematic capture, moving the design through the printed circuit design process, and board assembly, integration, and test.
* Requirements capture, digital FPGA architecture and design using Register Transfer Level (RTL), timing analysis and closure, simulation, and system integration
* RTL coding and simulation in VHDL (Verilog as an additional skill is helpful but not required)
* Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
* Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's hardware and FPGA design flow
* Some digital hardware architecture and design (training is available
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
This position requires these skills and abilities:
* FPGA development
* RTL coding and simulation in VHDL and Testbench development for the simulation of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
* Proficiency using FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Questasim/Modelsim, FPGA-specific tools)
* Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Subversion)
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and be part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds (FOR SR ONLY)
* Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to document and present one's work and status
Desired skills of a successful candidate:
* Digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
* Familiarity with best practice simulation techniques (i.e., Testbenches)
* FPGA lab validation with vendor tools and advanced lab equipment (SR ONLY)
* Experience with FPGA vendor tools, Rockwell Collins schematic capture tools, Unix, scripting, C/C++, and/or Perl
* Experience with standard lab tools (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.) and firmware/hardware debugging techniques
* Experience with machine learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow, Keras
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.