5 months ago
Requisition ID: 1649
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Do you have a passion for product & process improvement? Do you have the skills to collaborate with and help influence teams to think big and take data-driven action to address development challenges and successfully deliver high-quality products? If you're ready to be part of a high-performing team where you can use your personal leadership skills to make a difference on some of Rockwell Collins' most successful products, we'd like to talk to you about joining the Rockwell Collins Design Assurance Center (DAC).
We're looking for an experienced Electrical Engineering professional who is interested in working together with others to achieve excellence in design and efficient lifecycle execution. This position is responsible for working closely with hardware engineering teams to provide quality-focused technical and process oversight of product developments throughout their lifecycle. As a DAC team member supporting the CS development teams, you will help ensure designs meet quality expectations, as well as customer, regulatory, and other requirements, and influence the adoption of engineering best practices to identify and eliminate defects before delivery.
This position requires the applicant to have demonstrated experience in hardware development process and methods, including planning, requirements management, design, and verification.
Must Have Requirements: The ideal candidate will be capable of:
* Demonstrate daily a strong commitment to quality - the value of process compliance and ability to promote adoption of proactive quality improvements
* Using their interpersonal skills to assure a proactive, healthy relationship within the DAC team and the development teams we support - ability to influence others towards positive outcomes and foster adoption of value added quality improvements.
* Establishing rapport across the CS and DAC organizations, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers.
* Proactively influencing the development teams to assure compliance throughout the design and development phases
* Communicating masterfully both verbally and in writing with development teams and leadership.
* Possess strong attention to detail and apply insightful judgment in order to properly assure compliance and assess necessary quality related improvements - focus on what is most important for positive outcomes
* Quickly learn and develop proficiency in leveraging the engineering tool infrastructure (JIRA, ALM/LASR are examples), processes and procedures to implement metrics based management in software and hardware developments.
* Work autonomously on assigned tasks while not hesitating to ask for help or support on issues you cannot control
* Cost account management related to engineering project planning activities, development performance to budget and schedule and ensure the plans account for program requirements and past lessons learned.
* Assessing proactively the health of projects using objective measurements and audits.
* Advising project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues, and of working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high quality designs.
* Mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience
* Hands-on experience as an electrical or mechanical engineer on design & development project(s).
* Working knowledge of the Rockwell Collins design process, including the Rockwell Collins Technical Consistent Process (RC-TCP).
* Working knowledge and demonstrated application of certification requirements such as TSO, PMA, DO-254, DO-160, or CMMI Level 3 is preferred.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.