7 months ago
Requisition ID: 2434
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer-ASIC/FPGA Design (Cedar Rapids IA) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Become part of the growing Commercial Systems Engineering FPGA & ASIC Design Solutions team. As an engineer in this organization, you will be a member of an experienced, dynamic design group employing best practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of Avionics Products, in addition to numerous products enterprise-wide.
This position is for a motivated Electrical or Computer engineering candidate to be involved in the design, implementation, verification and integration of a wide variety of high-performance digital systems that apply SoCs, ASICs and FPGAs to data conversion applications.
Primary assignments and key responsibilities will include:
* Requirements capture
* ASIC/FPGA digital architecture and design
* RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog
* Requirements-based Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or SystemVerilog
* Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's ASIC/FPGA design flow.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience using FPGA specific tools (e.g. Vivado, Libero, and Quartus).
* Perform timing analysis and achieving timing closure.
* Familiarity with data interfaces (PCIe, DDR, Ethernet, CDN, ARINC-429...)
* Familiarity with implementing solutions that contain 3rd party IP.
* Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Clearcase, Subversion)
* Experience using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation tools such as Questasim.
* Knowledge of OVM/UVM Methodology.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, matrixed into projects with aggressive schedules and frequent milestones
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired skills of a successful candidate:
* Familiarity with best practice chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog).
* ASIC / FPGA lab validation with advanced lab equipment
* Design for Test (DFT) and manufacturability issues
* Experience with Unix, scripting, C/C++, Python, and/or Perl.
* Experience with SoC based designs including ARM Core architectures.
* Experience with developing in an Agile environment and knowledge of the Agile principles.
This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond a 40 hour work week.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.