6 months ago
Sr. Electrical Engineer; Autopilot
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53068BR Date posted 08/30/City Hood River
Job Description Summary
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) TASE Imaging Systems are the Preferred Tactical ISR Solution, providing superior image quality and offer the lowest size, weight and power (SWaP) requirement in the industry. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned and manned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
Piccolo Autopilots provide industry leading, compact, modular flight management for unmanned systems. Offering thin form factor, flexible I/O, and expanded capability for advanced applications, Piccolo products are proven in military operations, public safety missions and commercial projects.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will work with cross-functional engineering teams supporting design and development on either TASE or Piccolo products. Specific duties of the Senior Electrical Engineer position include:
• Circuit design, including analysis, simulation, schematics capture
• Performing and/or guiding critical PCB layout/routing and initial mechanical placement on 8-18 layer PCBs with fine pitched BGAs
• Develop PCB and system power regulation and distribution solutions, including discrete point of load applications
• Develop cost and schedule estimates, working with Project and Product Managers to create solid planning
• Develop technical specifications, plans, and procedures
Typical Education: BS degree w/4–7+ years’ experience, MS degree w/2–5+ years’ experience.
Preferred Education: Electrical Engineering Bachelors / Masters. Additional training in systems engineering, unit/component/system test, remote sensing systems and domains a plus.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
• BSEE and 4-7 years or MSEE and 2-5 years of board-level electrical design experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
* Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present information to various audiences.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines.
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Hands on (direct) experience in detailed design and product development as well as in sustaining engineering activities.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing requirements specifications, technical specifications, ICDs, and test procedures
• Experience with Schematic Capture tools (DxDesigner or similar) and PCB Layout tools (PADs or similar)
• Experience PCBA design implementations involving embedded microprocessors, FPGAs, inertial sensors, GPS technologies
* A solid understanding of best practices designing for EMI/EMC compliance
* A strong understanding of signal integrity design practices and measurement techniques/
• A working knowledge of the Product Life Cycle and Engineering Change Order processes.
Preferred Additional Experience:
• Knowledge/experience with avionics systems and integration; complex electro-mechanical assemblies; and software based products, preferred.
• Familiarity with motor drive and control electronics
* Experience with SolidWorks
* Experience or Knowledge of Cable/Harness design
* Experience with Safety Critical Systems
* Experience with DO-254
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.