about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 5705
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electro-Mechanical Designer to join our team in Irvine, CA (1750). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
* Performs a wide variety of highly complex technical tasks which requires considerable knowledge of engineering techniques and design theory in the creation of precision mechanical or electrical design layouts per verbal instructions, sketches, schematic diagrams, existing hardware or engineering lab models, received from both mechanical and/or electrical engineering and other technical support personnel working on the project
* Completes, or directs lower grade personnel in the preparation of the necessary documentation for the release of Hardware Designs into the company documentation control system
* Maintains contractually controlled, Government and/or company design and documentation requirement knowledge in supporting the completion of assigned tasks
* Assists engineering in the preparation of documentation for the revision of drawings, previously released to the document control system.
* This position will support multiple projects related to helmet mounted displays, optical products, small, intricate assemblies, tooling, and other miscellaneous electronic products.
Processes include machining, sheet metal, castings, plastic injection molding.
* Associate’s degree or, in absence of a degree, three years of work experience required
* U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card) required
* Rockwell Collins experience preferred
* 3 years’ experience with SolidWorks and 3 years’ experience with Pro/E required
* Experience with SolidWorks 2011 or later and Pro/E Wildfire required
* ASME Y14.5 GD&T knowledge required
* EPDM and Windchill experience required
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.