Requisition #: 263642
This Senior Engineer position is in the Engine Technologies and Repair Development department within Delta TechOps. Working under the Lead Analysis Engineer, the Analysis Engineer (Metrology and Lab) captures geometric data using various scanning and measurement acquisition tools, and creates solid CAD models for the repair design/analysis of turbofan engine components. Duties also include the preparation of metallurgical samples and the performance of various material tests in a laboratory environment.
- Interface with repair development engineers to establish measurement requirements and reference systems.
- Perform dimensional measurements and geometric data capture of turbofan engine components using various acquisition tools (e.g. hand measurement, CMM, non-contact 3D digitizer, white light scanner, FARO, etc.).
- Reverse engineer solid CAD models from scan and measurement data using reverser engineering software (e.g. Rapidform, Geomagic, SolidWorks).
- Analyze variances between sets of measured components.
- Perform general maintenance of measurement equipment.
- Dissect turbofan engine components and prepare metallurgical samples for analysis
- Perform various tests in a lab environment to determine material properties (e.g. X-ray spectroscopy, micro hardness, etc.)
- Organize and deliver test data to analysis engineers
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited institution with at least 1 year of relevant hands-on experience, or 8 years of relevant technical experience in in reverse engineering and scanning technologies.
- Requires strong working knowledge in metrology and reverse engineering.
- Requires experience with scanning and measurement technologies CMM, non-contact 3D digitizer, white light scanner, FARO, etc.).
- Experience with software for dimensional analysis and reverse engineering, Geomagic preferred.
- Experience using 3D Computer Aided Design, SolidWorks preferred.
- Knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance techniques (GD&T) preferred.
- Previous material lab experience a plus preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of principles, theories, and practices of material testing and metallurgical analysis a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; multi-tasking abilities; and strong analytical and time management skills.
- The position may be offered at either the Engineer or Sr. Engineer level depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate selected.
NOTE: Successful applicants will be placed in appropriate engineering job classification and salary range commensurate with experience and abilities (e.g., Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer, Senior Principal Engineer).