10 months ago
Founded in 1918, Parker Hannifin Corporation is an $11 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
1. Technical knowledge in assigned responsibility areas to lead Stick to Surface (STS), Fly-by-Wire (FBW) Systems IV&V team; support system level integration, verification, and certification activities.
2. Maintain and improve FBW system integration and verification processes to be compliant to ARP4754A and other certification guidelines and industry standards. Ensure system integration and verification processes are aligned and adhered with Parker Standard Design and Development Processes (SDDP).
3. Coordinate overall requirement verification coverage at system and CIRD level with the cognizant functional domain teams.
4. Provide System Verification team oversight and verification services to ensure to overall quality of the verification product meets customer and industry standards.
5. Provide a combination of leadership skills and ability to work as a peer with System Verification Team Members to help define, develop, review, and coach team members and individual contributors.
6. Leverage technical skills and lead others to create, maintain, and improve engineering processes, standards, and procedures consistent with department standard work, division specifications, and applicable industry standards and regulations.
7. Plan, organize, and control activities to ensure on time delivery, budget compliance, and quality of output.
1. Bachelor’s degree (BS) in an engineering discipline closely related to aerospace systems. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 6-10 years of related experience integrating and verifying FBW system.
2. Strong working knowledge of flight control system integration and verification activities; including requirement validation reviews, test procedure development, automated test development, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, execution, and verification coverage analysis in support of commercial aircraft certification process.
3. Strong working knowledge of flight control system integration and verification activities, the associated development processes, and the Industry Guidelines and Regulatory framework under which aircraft control systems are certified (e.g. FAA, SAE ARP4754, ARP4761, DO-178B, DO-254).
4. Experience defining processes, procedures and tools used for flight control system development, validation, integration, verification and certification support.
5. Strong working knowledge of aircraft systems, including electronic controllers, sensors, and actuation, system and component qualification, integration, verification and certification approaches.
6. Applied knowledge of standard analysis tools such as MATLAB and Simulink, requirements management tools such as DOORS, all MS Office products including MS Project and VISIO.
7. Familiarity of complete life-cycle (planning, execution, program management) of aerospace products.
8. Knowledge of lean product development.
9. Strong oral and written communication skills, especially with internal and external customers.
10. Proactive risk management aptitude.
11. Ability to resolve conflicts among diverse work groups.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.