3 months ago
Requisition ID: 8630
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Engineering Manager - Mechanical / Spatial Design to join our team in Irvine, CA (1750). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Rockwell Collins Electromechanical Systems (EMS) department is seeking a proactive engaged leader to join the leadership team as a Senior Engineering Manager for Mechanical design/Spatial design. This position is located in Irvine CA. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates. This Senior Engineering Manager will lead a team of Mechanical Design Engineers to create requirements-based designs for Pilot Controls or Actuation products for a variety of Commercial and Military Aerospace customers. In this group manager role the selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring technical excellence coaching/development of team members and ensuring a focus on engineering quality. EMS designs and produces a variety of high integrity products including Wheel/Columns Rudder Brake Assemblies Throttle controls Flap controls Parking brake controls Horizontal Stabilizer trim actuation Flap actuation and a variety of Special products so ability to assess understand and propose a way forward will be essential.
* Manages individual contributing Mechanical Engineering talent and is responsible for a small organization of engineers.
* Responsible for success (technical, cost, schedule, Design to Cost, manufacturability etc.) of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
* Leverages and deploys Lean principles as applied to the engineering environment. Lead employees to establish standard work, improve efficiency, and drive predicatable performance
* Responsible for program performance for cognizant development of Pilot controls and Actuation Projects.
* Responsible for tactical execution of day to day operations.
* Assigns technical resources to work assignments (workforce allocation).
* Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Acquires and develops technical resources which contribute to the completion of Mechanical engineering projects. Oversees development work being performed by third party partners, subcontract labor, or RC India design center
* Actively addresses employee performance and development issues.
* Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success.
* Strives to spend 50% of week performing coaching and process improvement activities, with the remainder supporting program execution
* Drives high standard for engineering quality
* Drives continuous improvement activities amongt the Mechanical Engineering team and at Department level
* Posseses strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal customers
* Lead by example communicate clear expectations and manage individual performance
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Demonstrated experience in leading technical teams in a formal or informal responsibility
* Demonstrated experience leading process improvement activities
* Desired experience in Mechanical Engineering design / spatial design teams
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.