3 months ago
Requisition ID: 9203
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Engineering Project Assistant - GS Engineering to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The position will be responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail, support multiple engineers and provide a wide variety of administrative and computer related tasks to assist engineering projects. This individual will perform as primary engineering support focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision phases of the engineering development cycle. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
* Serves as consultant for data structure, architecture, and process. Able to support both SW and documentation releases. Provides or coordinates special documentation services as required.
* Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
* Supports the Third-Party Intellectual Property process by coordinating the completion of all necessary documentation.
* Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development of engineering web pages.
* Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs. Reports status of orders as required. Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
* Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
* Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
* Facilitates the analysis of engineering staffing, capital assets, and Class 0 budgets.
* Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
* Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, often coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively. Obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
* Generally works on complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May be an informal team leader.
* US Citizenship Required
* Must have ability to obtain an active US DoD Security Clearance.
* Active DoD Security Clearance preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent
US Citizenship required
Ability to obtain an active US DoD Security Clearance
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.