Manager, Automated Platforms and DevOps
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the premier airline for people on the West Coast and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion.
The Sr. Engineer takes a holistic view of all the Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air enterprise systems. They gather input, provide direction, and make strategic decisions to ensure our infrastructure fits within our vision. They will closely partner with different groups within IT as well as business customers in order to clearly understand their requirements, implement technology solutions and own the resulting system. In addition, they will communicate the status of corporate and/or divisional initiatives.
The Sr. Engineer must demonstrate expert skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Architecture & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance, and Enterprise Architectures. They must own a critical infrastructure technology and are subject matter experts in at least 5 infrastructure systems. Finally, they are responsible for maintaining the vision and overall strategic direction for enterprise infrastructure systems.
- Function as a technology thought leader
- Function as a lead for cross divisional enterprise infrastructure projects
- Function as a liaison and partner directly with Enterprise Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of our technology systems
- Coordinate and collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, ensuring our forward looking strategies and roadmaps align
- Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business
- Represent the team, as well as the manager, at division, business and project meetings
- Possess and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication, thought leadership and project management
- Own vendor relationships (responsible for maintaining the relationship and reporting the status directly to senior leadership)
- Own at least two core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, Altiris, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.
- Pursue industry leading certifications and training
- Hold team members accountable for enterprise best practices
- Demonstrate an increasing ability to apply the general skill set
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related study, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 6+ years of documented IT experience required
- Minimum 4+ years of technical engineering experience required
- Expert knowledge of enterprise datacenter technologies
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure automation platforms (i.e. Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of server operating systems
- In-depth knowledge and experience supporting enterprise solutions
- In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement and continuous delivery
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise monitoring solutions
- In-depth knowledge of IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, datacenters, networking, servers, authentication, storage, load balancing, databases, virtualization, and securityserver virtualization technologies
- Implemented projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing)
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline
- Proven experience providing strong leadership in a number of enterprise systems
- Experience providing status of projects to senior members of the leadership team
- Prior vendor management skills (responsible for maintaining the relationship and reporting the status directly to senior leadership)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: December 2, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.