Manager, ITS Field Services
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the premier airline for people on the West Coast and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion.
The Senior Field Systems Specialist is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all information and communications systems at Alaska Air Group facilities and contracted locations. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of an enterprise computing system. This includes but not limited to: Physical hardware, software configurations, virtual components, networks, telephony and radio communications.
In addition, the Senior Field Systems Specialist is expected to regularly participate in medium, large and enterprise wide, cross divisional technology projects. This will necessitate the ability to provide management and oversight to vendors, contractors and peers to implement technology projects.
The Senior Field Systems Specialist will assume the Manager, IT Field Systems responsibilities as needed. This could include leading other Field Systems team members in day to day activities, representing the Field Systems organization in meetings and reporting to senior leadership.
At our core the Senior Field Systems Specialist will be the face of IT to our internal and external customers. This is accomplished by performing the following duties:
- Install and provide first and second-level support of information, communication and airport related systems
- Ensure reported problems are resolved in a timely manner. Provide follow up on all outstanding incidents until fully resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to end-users in support of desktop computers, software and other supported systems
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of all supported systems and physical locations
- Assist and lead contractors, vendors and peers with the implementations and problem resolutions of systems for which you are responsible
- Provide technical assistance to companion work groups in support of projects and maintenance ensuring good inter-departmental relations
- Master the ability to manage projects, prioritize task and manage the team's time effectively
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the position
- Act as a resource to peers and companion workgroups
- Seek out innovative and creative solutions to technical and administrative issues
- Make suggestions of the improvement of the field systems group, as needed
- Plan, organize and complete projects of various scope and complexity; may include providing work direction to contractors, vendors and other resources
- Make consistent progress towards achieving the Manager, IT Field Systems position
- Provide second level technical support to other field systems specialists
- Plan, organize and complete assignments of large scope and complexity; may include providing work direction to peers, contractors, vendors and other resources
- Provide administrative support to the Manager, IT Field Systems and be a ready resource to assist in the operation of the workgroup
- Assist in the testing, development and determination of departmental standards
- Make recommendations, as needed, to enhance the operations of the ICS customer support department
- Demonstrate an increasing ability to apply the general skill set at the highest level
Shift, weekend and ager-hours on call work required
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Field Systems
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Minimum 2 year technical degree or position specific technical certifications. May substitute direct airline experience in lieu of technical requirements.
- Minimum 6 years work experience implementing and/or supporting Infrastructure computing systems
- Minimum 6 years of documented IT experience required
- Experience supporting multiple technical platforms (Windows, MAC OS, VMware, Altiris) a plus.
- Experience participating in small, medium, large and enterprise wide cross division technology projects.
- Proven experience learning new technologies, processes and methodologies quickly.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service.
- Project Management experience required.
- The ability to lift/stand/bend/climb in order to do job function.
- Experience with telephony and radio communications.
- Requires 50% of time traveling.
- High school diploma or equivalent required (if a degree of some sort is required for the position, this qualification is not necessary)
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Anchorage, Alaska
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 3, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.