7 months ago
For the past 60 years Moog has developed the capability to design and manufacture the most advanced motion control and fluid flow products for both aerospace and industrial applications. Moog’s high performance actuation components provide precision motion control for a variety of systems. From military and commercial aircraft to satellites and tactical missiles
• Enjoy tackling complex and exciting challenges?
• Want to develop your skills and achieve success?
• Appreciate a culture based on teamwork and respect?
Moog in East Aurora, New York is looking for a Senior Industrial Hygienist to work with site teams to develop operational and medical surveillance procedures, which will effectively reduce the risk of occupational safety and health exposures in the workplace.
Here’s what you can expect as a Senior Industrial Hygienist at Moog ….
• Design and implement industrial hygiene sampling and analysis protocols, based on risk for sites with exposure.
• Direct sites on the requirements and implementation of medical surveillance procedures
• Identifies safety and health industrial hygiene regulations applicable to the operations at a site and provides training to process owners, site leadership
• Develop, monitor, measure and drive continuous improvement of site operational procedures, training and employee work techniques to reduce hazards and assure compliance with the Site, Business Group and Corporate Safety requirements
• Independently partner with all functional managers /supervisors at the sites to plan and implement regulatory requirements
• Set performance criteria for operations with industrial hygiene hazards and measure site’s industrial hygiene programs effectiveness through routine audits
• Provide technical direction to other health & safety personnel at the sites
• Must be able to provide technical support and troubleshoot equipment for improving industrial hygiene aspects/impacts.
• Select & assist sites with implementing technologies that provide the site with operational efficiencies while also reducing risk within the workplace.
YOU’LL NEED one of following qualifications…
• BS degree in engineering or analytical science
• Actively credentialed ACGIH Certified Industrial Hygienist
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in environmental, health and safety or an equivalent amount of time working as an industrial hygienist in a manufacturing setting similar to Moog operations.
• Proven capabilities/competencies in OSHA Permissible Exposure Limits, Subpart Z and Subpart G compliance, ACGIH ventilation standards and NFPA ventilation standards.
EOE/AA Minority/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Female/Disability/Veteran