Director, Network and Connectivity Solutions
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the premier airline for people on the West Coast and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion.
- Provides subject matter expertise from technical, project management and business consulting perspective in support of IT Security and Compliance activities
- Assists with the development, monitoring, and maintenance of the ITS Compliance Program
- Works across a number of Security and Compliance related initiatives to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and controls are adequately designed, implemented or remediated to meet audit and compliance expectations (e.g.; SOX, PCI, etc.), operating efficiency goals, and other business objectives
- Conducts compliance reviews to support ongoing compliance programs such as SOX, PCI and internal security controls programs
- Provides regulatory subject matter expertise to business units with new products, services, procedures, processes, and practices to support ongoing compliance with applicable compliance controls and requirements
- Ensures that IT policies and standards are up to date and appropriately approved and communicated; participates in the process to manage exceptions to policy and standards
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of approved policy and procedure documentation
- Tracks security risk and compliance remediation efforts working with IT and business groups to meet agreed upon timelines; communicates timelines and escalates lack of compliance
- Coordinates audit-related tasks by coordinating activities, ensuring IT is ready for testing and facilitating timely response
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to information security, privacy and incident response
- Develops and executes information security awareness campaigns
- Participates on IT projects to ensure policies and standards and compliance requirements are met
- Schedules steering committee meetings, document meeting minutes and action items and fulfill expectations
- Maintains IT Security & Governance metrics framework
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and produces accurate and reliable information for decision making
- Leads compliance efforts through monitoring and supporting audits of Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, internal audit gaps, and others as necessary
- Monitors trends in information technology, security, privacy and compliance that could have an impact on the security or compliance of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers
- Documents, communicates, and escalate issues to appropriate parties
- Works proactively with project and program managers to resolve issues
- Embodies the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with the Alaska Airlines values of Integrity, Professionalism, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent experience required
- Industry certifications in security, project management, or compliance/assurance (e.g. PMP, CISA, CISSP, and/or CRISC)
- Minimum 6 years of information security or IT compliance/assurance experience required
- Minimum 4 years managing projects required
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience managing PCI and SOX compliance required
- Knowledge and experience with eGRC tools, preferred
- Experience with industry standard security domains such as the ISC2 Body of Knowledge, ISO 27001/17799, and NIST 800-53 required
- Expert knowledge of compliance and governance practices
- Familiarity with Routers, Firewalls, IDS, PKI, VPN, Two Factor Authentication, Identity Management, Data Leak Prevention, Encryption, Vulnerability Scanners, Penetration Testing, Windows, Unix, and Linux Systems Security
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-divisionally and establish relationships with different levels of management and varying skill sets
- Ability to analyze, organize and simplify complex problems to develop practical solutions preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 14, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.