6 months ago
Requisition ID: 6355
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Information Systems Support Specialist to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Provides multi-disciplinary support in the development, integration and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure. This role combines technical knowledge and expertise with increasing levels of technical leadership. Responsibilities span the full system development lifecycle to include: requirements documentation; design solution development; system and software testing; quality control of all deliverables; technical documentation; deployment planning and executing; analysis and resolution of operational problems; system administration and end user support. Support of cybersecurity system updates and audits is also included.
* Works in support of multiple US Navy training devices to install, configure, administer, maintain, control, manage, and support a variety of Windows and Linux systems including servers, workstations, network devices, domain controllers and services.
* Applies good overall technical knowledge across a wide array of products and services in order to provide support and maintenance to one or more of the following assigned area: networks & telecommunications; servers & storage; desktop and mobile infrastructure; corporate applications; data management and administration. Demonstrates good level of proficiency in one or more of the supported areas.
* Responsible for supporting the full software development lifecycle and begins to display expertise in one of the following areas: requirements and design; ensures quality control of all project deliverables; performs systems and software testing; develops system / application documentation; plans and leads cutovers; analyzes and helps resolve operational problems and issues; provides end user support.
* May act as a mentor to junior level team members and provides training when necessary
* May directs less experienced resources and oversees projects of medium complexity or fairly common and/or routine performance issues. Begins to show innovativeness, creativity and ingenuity that may also have widespread implications.
* Works under general direction towards longer-range goals and objectives
* Have worked with Defense Contractors a plus -
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
Must be a US Citizen
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.