Denver-based Frontier Airlines is proud to be one of the nation’s premier low cost airlines and our cost-conscious model focuses on offering our passengers ‘Low Fares Done Right’. At Frontier, we are committed not only to providing an affordable, “unbundled” fare that makes air travel accessible to everyone, but also to ensuring that our passengers reach their destination safely, on time, and receive friendly service along the way. Because of our wildly popular model and strong corporate governance, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and always looking for new people to join our team.
The Sr Manager, DIA Station Ops has ultimate authority when making operational decisions and is responsible for the efficient operation of the above/below wing, Aircraft Appearance and Catering departments. The Sr Manager, DIA Stations Operations will work closely with other airlines and the airport authority at Denver International Airport to ensure Frontier’s goals and objectives are met. This position will create and develop support and enthusiasm for the continuous improvement of departmental operations through endorsement of a shared company vision, while providing leadership, direction and policy guidance.
· Monitors workload and effectively delegates responsibilities to direct reports, ensuring that activities are conducted in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s), and company policies and procedures. Assists in selecting, motivating, training, developing and formally evaluates staff assigned to operational functions and projects.
· Creates a culture to ensure a high level of regulatory compliance and safety. Promotes initiatives to improve safety measures in all areas.
· Establishes annual performance goals, evaluates performance of direct reports. Provides coaching and training.
· Identifies key issues and develops strategic business solutions.
· Develops and manages a $50M million dollar budget and seeks cost-saving solutions.
· Develops and implements quality assurance initiatives.
· Identifies policy and procedure inconsistencies within the department and provide recommendations for improvement. Responsible for continuous operational and efficiency improvements at the station.
· Works with other departments such as Maintenance, Flight Operations and Inflight to ensure a high level of operational performance.
· Ensures business partners are delivering quality services and reviews invoices to ensure contract requirements are met.
· Manages Catering and Aircraft Appearance departments and the current ground handling business partner.
· 8 - 10 years of supervisory or managerial experience in a similar corporate work environment
· Bachelor’s degree required; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu Master’s degree preferred
· Departmental budget experience required
· Prior large multifunction budget preparation experience
· Experience with labor relations and union avoidance plans
· Prior airline work experience required