3 months ago
Requisition ID: 6070
We are currently searching for a [[title]] to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Rockwell Collins is looking for a Senior Engineer Manager with a passion for engineering and the desire to lead an innovative, dedicated team of 10-20 engineers responsible for designing, developing, and testing industry-leading Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) products. Our solutions keep the warfighter safe, connected and informed by providing PNT information in contested environments. The Advanced PNT & Weapons GNSS organization new team member would lead the Weapons Software Engineering team in solving complex problems and creatively designing advanced PNT sensors for weapons applications.
While leading this team, the successful candidate will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, verification, and factory transition. Leadership responsibilities include resource planning and allocation, personnel acquisition and development, performance reviews, salary planning, process compliance, bid and proposal development, and collaborating with other PNT departments to develop products for the U.S. DoD and its allies. The successful leader must demonstrate innovation, good decision making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and the ability to accurately forecast project work scope, cost and schedule.
The weapons software engineering team has responsibility for developing software for new sensor and navigation technologies, demonstrable field prototypes, and products. Primary areas of interest are Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers and GNSS anti-jam technologies.
* Manages individual contributing technical talent and is responsible for a small organization of engineers.
* Responsible for success (technical, cost, schedule, DTC, product integrity, manufacturability etc.) of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
* Responsible for program performance for cognizant developments.
* Responsible for tactical execution of day to day operations.
* Leverages advanced principles, theories, and concepts of complex technical subjects to provide direction for employees.
* Assigns technical resources to work assignments (workforce allocation).
* Approves work scope for assigned portion of overall program.
* Ensures compliance to development processes and standard work requirements. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Acquires and develops technical resources which contribute to the completion of domain projects. Oversees development work being performed by third party partners or subcontract labor.
* Actively addresses employee performance and development issues.
* Oversees and participates in development of engineering bids to ensure success.
* Primary point of contact for TPM/LCVS technical or engineering resource issue resolution. Domain Project Engineer has day to day execution of development.
* May serve as primary engineering focal point to the customer.
* Strives to spend 50-70% of week performing technical tasks and oversight. Remaining time spent managing people, schedules and/or budgets.
* Responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling responsibilities for groups of engineers.
* Responsible for the development and technical coaching of staff. Provides guidance to direct reports within the latitude of established departmental policies and objectives. Responsible for on-boarding and assimilation of new hires.
* Responsible for identification and development of group leader and key technologist back-ups.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
Experience in PNT and/or GNSS product development.
Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Ability to relocate to Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.