Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting is primarily responsibility for managing, researching and offering various alternative and ultimate conclusions related to technical accounting matters across the business. The manager will have responsibilities related to reviewing the drafting of financial statements, delivery of financial results to upper management and effective execution of internal controls.
Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting
- Lead the timely preparation & review of periodic internal and external reporting, and any ad-hoc financial reporting required.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the annual audited financials
- Review new accounting and reporting rules issued by the FASB, SEC, AICPA, EITF and DOT identifying those relevant to the company.
- Provide technical accounting consultation and support regarding U.S. GAAP related to fixed assets.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies/procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements and SOX
- Monthly close review files
- Hire, train, mentor and evaluate performance of the accounting team.
Special projects as required
- 6-10 years Accounting experience, public accounting company experience desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and ability to interpret and implement new accounting pronouncements
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, as well as an understanding of reporting databases, designs and configurations, especially accounting software and reporting modules
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidential and professional manner
- Able to work under pressure & time limitations
- Experience with month-end closing and year-end audits
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage, train and develop staff in a respectful and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with subordinates, peers, and all levels of management
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.