6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Business Transformation is accountable for the successful development and delivery of transformation programs aligned to drive achievement of Timken’s strategic objectives. This includes, working closely with executive business sponsors and overseeing the business case, design, development, delivery and adoption of large corporate strategic projects that meet/exceed the targeted business results. Deliverables are to be strategically, financially and operationally sustainable. This leader reviews new and existing processes, resources and systems, making and overseeing any necessary changes to enable the business to perform to it optimum ability.
The Sr. Manager also works across IT to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of quality, high performing IT solutions that adhere to corporate IT standards, security and compliance requirements and oversees the transition to IT support functions. This position is responsible for driving adherence to ITIL practices across IT services to align with the needs of the business and instilling project management discipline throughout the IT organization.
1. Develop and implement suitable business transformation strategies to respond to internal and external drivers, challenge existing practices and identify improvements to accelerate Timken’s ability to achieve its strategic objectives.
2. Develop of a strategy and business case for strategic projects and partnership with executive project sponsors to ensure alignment between business process and IT technology changes, adoption of project deliverables, and realization of targeted business benefits.
3. Provide oversight and proactive actions to ensure project deliverables are on-time, compliant, on-budget and of targeted quality while adhering to standard governance processes and best practices. Oversees the escalation and timely resolution to issues with internal and external parties, as needed. Partners closely with the Corporate IT leaders to provide seamless IT services and solutions that support the growth and profitability of Timken and ensures a smooth transition from project to business and IT support teams.
4. Lead the transformation of the IT organization driving process and quality discipline across the IT organization and ensure appropriate project delivery methodologies are leveraged to maximize business results. Establish global IT KPIs to drive continuous improvement and maturity.
5. Provide expert leadership in developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, working to embed standards, behaviors and strategies needed to bring about lasting improvements in service delivery across the organization.
5. Ensure efficient allocation of resources to projects and development of support functions to fulfill business demands and achieve project and service delivery objectives.
Experience managing organization-wide transformations including organizational, procedural, operational and technical changes
Experience managing IT application development, infrastructure and support teams
Experience partnering with executive leadership
Experience developing business and IT strategies, roadmaps, blueprints and business cases
Experience managing technical teams in a diverse global environment – both individual contributors and managers
Strong communication skills – verbal and written
Strong collaboration, strategic planning and execution skills
Expert project management skills including Agile delivery
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business or Engineering, 5 years of managing people and 10 years of overall experience
Preferred: Master's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business or Engineering, 7 years of managing people and 8 years of overall experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.