9 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Sr. Manager, Customer Contracts in our Interior Systems segment located in Winston-Salem, NC.
This position will work closely with the Senior Director Contracts and will be responsible for the drafting, organizing, and maintenance of contracts related to the sales of commercial aircraft interior products and the procurement of related products and services in support thereof.
* Drafts, proofreads, and finalizes contracts and other legal documents.
* Drafts and reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policies, specifications, and good business practices. Crafts special clauses and other terms/conditions as required.
* On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provides redlined recommendations.
* Provide advice to management on contract matters that may have significantly adverse legal implications (i.e., contracts with non-standard or potentially high risk terms/conditions); provide guidance on contract matters to Direct and In-Direct Supply Chain Commodity leads, Aftermarket and Product Support personnel and other operational staff.
* Advises management of contractual rights, obligations and risks; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
* Works closely with the Supply Chain teams. Participates in proposal preparation and develops mitigation strategies for proposal submittals. Participates in contract negotiation and contract review by reviewing contract terms and risks; develops mitigation strategies for proposal submittals.
* Remain actively engaged with Supply Chain teams. Develop strong interfaces with supply chain staff and other functional areas and maintain close contact with appropriate levels of management as necessary to be effective as Sr. Manager Contracts.
* Coordinate resolution of contract issues internally and with internal customers and suppliers.
* Ensures appropriate internal approvals and signature authorities are followed in the contract review and approval process.
* Coordinate flow down of terms and conditions with all functional departments Including Sales & Marketing Program Management, Engineering, Product Support, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Aftermarket and Manufacturing, as required.
* Prepare and coordinate business correspondence; and maintain accurate and complete contract files and records for the company in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Ensure contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
* Maintains contractual records and documentation and control of all contract correspondence in the contract management system.
* Ensures communications are maintained for timely contract execution by the parties. Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
* Bachelor's degree and five (5) or more years demonstrated contracts management experience.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contracting principles and all contract types.
* Excellent contract drafting skills and demonstrated experience in contract administration.
* Sound understanding of commercial contracts, business agreements and general business practices.
* Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a team.
* Strong business acumen, problem solving abilities, and good judgment.
* Excellent oral/written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
* Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
* Eight (8) or more years of related experience.
* Juris Doctor (J.D.) or MBA, preferred.
* Excellent contract drafting skills and negotiation experience with a wide variety of commercial transactions particularly with highly engineered products in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of anti-bribery and anti-corruption experience.
* Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines.
* High integrity and an unyielding commitment to compliance.
* Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
* Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM).
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.