8 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Sr. Manufacturing Product Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG), you will be responsible for providing a high degree of technical support to the Fabrication, Assembly and Test (A&T) areas for electronics assembly processes in Moog East Aurora and various supply chain locations, within the Aircraft products business unit. This support will be in the form of large projects, ownership of entire processes, and development of new processes, assisting in the bid and proposal, and leading cost reduction programs.
Here’s what you’ll work on:
1. Guides and creates manufacturing and inspection flow plans and procedures. Assumes direct responsibility from interpreting customer and/or government specifications and translates them into effective manufacturing and inspection flow plans to the completion of detailed fabrication and/or A&T procedures for use on the shop. Also serves as a lead role in developing and improving the manufacturing and inspection flow plan system.
2. Provide/ utilize standard lean process for DFX (manufacturing, test, cost, quality). Assumes responsibility of the assembly support equipment design system. This includes conceptual design review, engineering and supporting engineering calculations, material selection, cost tradeoff studies, detail design direction, fabrication follow-up and debugging effort. This responsibility further includes any soft/firmware required for proper operation of such equipment.
3. Provide program support. The Sr. Manufacturing & Product Engineer will review, provide inputs and write and/or approve manufacturing control plans and PFMEA’s to identify and address risk items in processes, materials, test, and systems. Coordination with project engineering and fabrication and/or A&T, and test personnel will be required. Documentation of current processes or development and documentation of new ones will be required. Coordination with project engineering and fabrication and/or A&T, and test personnel will be required. Review and approve Printed Circuit Board, Circuit Card Assembly, Electrical Component and associated metal work drawings. Documentation of current processes or development and documentation of new ones will be required. Circuit board and control unit assembly requiring the use of an approved outside supplier will require research from the Sr. Manufacturing & Product Engineer to make a proper selection. Travel to these outside suppliers to provide technical support, to direct, to witness, or to expedite the process may be required.
4. Direct Cost Reduction Efforts. The Sr. Manufacturing & Product Engineer will lead cost reduction efforts. Coordination with Design Engineering, Fabrication, Assembly, Quality, and Test will be required.
5. Assist in bid and proposals. The Sr. Manufacturing & Product Engineer will actively participate in reviewing incoming proposals for manufacturing costs and processes.
These are the skills you’ll bring with you:
• B.S. in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical- Engineering preferred)
• 8 or more years’ experience as a Process or Manufacturing engineer
• Relevant areas of experience in electronics assembly including printed circuit board and control unit assembly, mechanical tooling, automation control systems, materials and processes, project and program management.
• Capability to review 3D models ( NX Unigraphics) printed circuit board designs (Allegro circuit card CAD), design review using Mentor – Valor NPI or equivalent
• Proficient in Minitab, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint (or equivalent)
• SPC, statistical experimentation – DOEs, process characterization and capability
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran