5 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Flight Control Systems have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who's who of aircraft manufacturers. These industry leaders demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality and quality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development and maintenance of our complex systems.
We are looking for a Senior Materials and Process Engineer to take on design responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, large actuator, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft.
Position is located in Irvine, CA. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
* Provide Materials Engineering expertise to projects and designers in the form of consultation, guidance and review. This support addresses reliability, workmanship, product assurance, and quality assurance.
* Review and recommend flight usage for M&P (materials and processes) lists for design projects in accordance with program requirements. This review process identifies M&P and their usage as standard or non-standard and as compliant or noncompliant.
* Perform selection and application of materials and processes (M&P), plan and supervise investigations or evaluations, provide M&P Control Plan management and assess the flight worthiness of all M&P usage.
* Conduct or support Root Cause Investigations as the Materials and Process expert.
* Understand and apply industry and customer Materials & Process (M&P) requirement documents to ensure design compliance; modify existing internal and vendor M&P requirements.
* Prepare metallographic inspection samples and analyze using optical microscopy, hardness testing, and SEM
* Create M&P documentation check processes to be executed by quality engineers, and assist with quality engineer questions
* Set up internal manufacturing process training and requirements
* Conduct vendor controlled process audits as needed
* Support the audit of manufacturing of flight hardware, including in process and end item inspections for compliance with agency and project requirements.
* Act as a liaison between the projects and the Materials Engineering in resolving materials and processes related issues. Activities included in this function include:
* Stay abreast of Materials Engineering capabilities.
* Apprise project personnel of Materials Engineering capabilities.
* Advise Materials Engineering Branch personnel of future project requirements.
* Stay abreast of ongoing investigations within the Materials Engineering being performed for his/her assigned projects.
* Ensure that Materials Engineering management is informed of activities that may have significant project impact.
* Prepare memoranda to document M&P list reviews, facility evaluations, hardware evaluations and other inspections. Reviews, evaluations and inspections are also documented according to project requirements for traceability and certification. Memoranda, suitable for distribution to center, agency and material discipline community are prepared and released.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; preferably Materials Science or mechanical engineering with a focus in materials science
* Diverse knowledge of metallurgical, polymeric, and composite materials and their manufacture
* Experience in castings, corrosion, electrochemistry, joining methods, coatings/plating, and other aerospace materials
* Extensive knowledge and experience in investigation methodology and test equipment capabilities to aid in investigation
* Experience in performing particulate and NVR assessments to support contamination analysis of hardware
* Broad knowledge of metallurgical and polymeric test procedures.
* Broad understanding of failure modes in materials along with experience of fractography
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish effective working relationships
* Strong presentation skills in order to effectively communicate all test results to internal and external customers
* Must be able to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, meet deadlines and manage time independently.
Manufacturing for many of our products and our customers are in locations that require travel. Travel distances range from 10 miles to global locations. Ability to travel internationally is expected. Travel frequency will range from zero to 20% depending on assignment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.