3 months ago
Requisition ID: 8999
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The TTI Hardware (HW) Systems Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Senior Mechanical Engineer to perform product line and design engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems. This position will primarily focus on project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and hardware design aspects of the next generation test and training systems for military fighters. Design responsibilities will span across the entire system including both ground and airborne subsystems with a special emphasis on the hardware architecture. Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis, through design, testing, and factory transition.
* Technically plan, execute, and manage their project tasks to meet or exceed programmatic needs
* Perform autonomously under the direction of the HW Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, program management, as well as engineering management
* Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
* Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
* Develop hardware requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
* Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for platform, environment, functionality, cost, and Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
* Test and verify designs that meet documented hardware requirements
* Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
* Early project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
* Adherence to and support of the Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
* Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
* Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
* Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
This position is located in Richardson, Texas - A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is required
* Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, and validation/verification
* Proficient in the packaging of electronic systems
* Competent with the analysis and selection of engineering materials and processes
* Skilled in structural and thermal management design
* Knowledgeable in static structural, dynamic structural and thermal analysis techniques
* Proficient in a 3D CAD solid modeling software package (UG NX or SolidWorks preferred)
* Knowledge of analysis and application of appropriate tolerances using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance principles
* Able to provide support to printed wiring board Mechanical design
* Experience with configuration management tools and processes
* Proven technical leadership of small technical teams
* Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
* Understanding of earned value management techniques and philosophy and how it pertains to their project execution
* Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, to support frequent customer meetings and pursuit related activities
* Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems
* Domain expertise in ruggedized electronics design for MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F requirements
* Factory transition planning and support
* Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
* Able to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
* Highly proficient in earned value management techniques and philosophy
* Experience with Agile development methodology
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.