4 months ago
Requisition ID: 6817
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Mechanical Engineer - HUD and Guidance Systems to join our team in Wilsonville, OR (1700). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Are you a self-motivated, creative thinking problem solver, eager to take on new challenges? Our team is looking for confident and passionate engineers to help us create products that solve complex problems and make people’s lives safer.
The HGS Mechanical engineering team is responsible for all mechanical engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test, certification and installation of aerospace head-up display and guidance products. This position requires knowledge of engineering theory and principles to determine packaging solutions for electronic, electromechanical and optical designs. Our engineers are responsible for ensuring products are safe and comply with aviation standards.
* Lead, plan, design, analyze, test and document hardware of moderate to high complexity
* Perform under a process oriented development system and be able to provide process improvement suggestions once knowledgeable
* Perform autonomously under the direction of team leaders, program management and engineering management
* Lead teams of varied sizes to achieve technical, schedule and cost expectations
* Work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure the mechanical design is appropriate for the project/product design approach
* Contribute to schedule creation and ensure schedule commitments are met
* Create and present program and/or task status presentations to team members and engineering management
* Create and present clear and concise technical descriptions to engineering leadership and customers
* Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance to design and drafting team members
* Provide input to design and document reviews
* Spearhead investigations for open ended complex problems
* Develop detailed hardware requirements based on product theory, system level requirements and customer requirements
* Complete designs that meet documented hardware requirements
* Create designs to optimize weight, volume, cost and manufacturability while meeting structural, thermal and other environmental and functional requirements
* Support new product proposals through schedule creation, initial conceptual design and fit studies
* Create test procedures to support the testing of products to industry and government standards
* Review hardware defects and identify systemic root causes and process improvements
* Create installation documents and provide installation support to customers
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering
* US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required
* Experience in mechanical engineering design and development
* Knowledge of engineering materials and processes
* Experience with structural and thermal management design
* Proficient in a 3D CAD solid modeling software package (SolidWorks and/or UG NX preferred)
* Experience with static structural, dynamic structural and thermal analysis techniques
* Proficient in tolerance analysis and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles
* Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
Additional skills or experience a plus:
* Packaging of electronic and/or precision optical systems
* Robust precision mechanisms
* Environmentally sealed optical and/or electrical enclosures
* Design of manufacturing, calibration and test support equipment
* Aluminum fabrication techniques including: machining & investment casting
* Experience with FEA software package (ANSYS preferred)
* Experience in avionics or aerospace industry
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.