6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to improve our manufacturing technology globally by discovering, developing, applying, and implementing, new finishing technologies to our manufacturing plants with the goal to reduce manufacturing cost or to launch new manufacturing systems to make new products. Critical finishing technologies include: grinding, hard turning, superfinishing, mass finishing, non-traditional finishing, or related technologies. Complimentary technologies to finishing include heat treatment, material science, and surface conditioning.
1. Uses sound judgment and disciplined engineering practices to solve specific problems by applying professional experience, work knowledge and abilities.
2. Has strong interest to be hands-on, travel globally, and learn industrial technology.
3. Works independently to investigate, evaluate, select, and apply finishing technologies such as grinding, hard turning, superfinishing, mass finishing, non-traditional finishing, and related technologies.
4. Works as part of a team, sometimes as leader, and has experience in key technology areas to implement new technologies to our global manufacturing organization with a goal to reduce cost, launch new products, grow sales, improve quality, etc.
5. Manages personal time to accomplish results including project plan, cost, timing, and development activities.
6. Develops liaison with individuals both inside and outside of company, specifically with technical societies, suppliers, and customers.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
* Demonstrated process engineering skills
* Solid written and oral communication skills
* Good problem-solving capabilities
* Strong hands-on orientation
* Willingness to travel, typically <20%
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Materials or Industrial Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience, or
* Master’s degree in Mechanical, Materials or Industrial Engineering and preferably 1 year of process engineering experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.