3 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Sr. Product Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Group, you’ll provide support for Aircraft production programs. The Senior Product Engineer provides Engineering support to specific Product lines, and takes responsibility in providing technical guidance to Assembly and Test personnel or others in need for his/her product knowledge.
The Senior Product Engineer works independently, or with other Product Engineer team members to support assembly and test operations, and is expected to take a leadership role for many projects.
This role will require up to 20% of international travel to other Moog locations, as well as customers.
The Product Engineering Group functions as the Design Authority for Moog Products released for production. Primary areas of responsibility include supporting of production assembly and test areas by resolving issues, maintaining product integrity, and influencing product cost.
The Senior Product Engineer supports all phases of the product life cycle including development, new product introduction, product transfer, and product delivery by:
1. Initiating clear production assembly/test instructions to operations personnel to maintain efficient production.
2. Defining and scheduling the development of equipment to meet production requirements for operations department.
3. Assuring and maintaining product integrity, and quality in production products.
4. Tracking key company metrics including, but not limited to, first pass yield, and product cost objectives. Maintain and improve company performance and goals.
5. Developing a thorough understanding of all design principles associated with assigned products.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering + 5 year relevant technical experience
• Alternately, Masters of Science Degree in Engineering + 3 year relevant technical experience
• Detailed working knowledge of hydraulic or mechanical actuation products (or related technologies) assembly and test areas, including extensive interfacing with technicians
• Proven experience coordinating and interfacing with customers and/or suppliers on complex projects or issues.
• General knowledge in areas of Root Cause / Corrective Action, LEAN, Project Planning, Product line transfer and Data Acquisition and Analysis.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran