6 months ago
Moog Inc, was founded in 1951 when Bill Moog had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company that we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Our lines of precision motion control technology can be seen at the forefront of military and commercial aircraft markets, space exploration, and oil and gas markets to name a few.
Our Industrial Group in East Aurora, NY is hiring for a Product Marketing Manager.
This position would be responsible for:
• Developing and managing the marketing plan for products within the Industrial business. The plans will define the marketing mix (4P’s) for new products and existing products.
• Develop pricing strategies, support the development of sales plans and own the responsibility for executing the related marketing activities
• Develop the Marketing Mix (4P’s) for standard product lines
o Determine list price and monitor the performance of the implemented price strategy through price analysis
o Generate product positioning statements and value messages that can be used by the marketing organization to develop collateral and campaign strategies
o Use competitive intelligence to propose strategy adjustments to Moog management
o Support sales channels through the development of channel training material and training support.
New product developments:
o Co-develop product roadmaps for new product developments
o Facilitate new product developments through the use of VoC, QFD and ideation exercises and ensure customer needs are built
o During product development programs to act as the customer proxy and ensure needs are met during design and project reviews
o Communicate the value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
o Build the price logic and ensure the implementation in business systems
o Own market launch responsibility, and interact with Marketing Communications and Demand Generation team to ensure an effective product launch
• Conduct market researches in support of sales plan developments
• Conduct market and competitive intelligence, track activities from competitors, and perform product analyses, communicate to key stakeholders
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering
• 10 years of progressive experience (usually post-education) in the field of Engineering and/or Marketing in a technical and/or B2B environment
• Demonstrated leadership in creating strategies and executing tactics in a technical and/or B2B environment
• Proven ability to understand business needs, collaborate with sales professionals and managers, work successfully in multi-cultural marketing team and manage an extended network of global partners
• Strong project management of internationally distributed cross functional teams and excellent communication skills are mandatory
• Strong verbal and written English language skills for communication within an International Business setting
• Fit a culture that is more consensus-driven than top down – e.g., operating in an informal, consensus-driven, often ambiguous environment, therefore being able to lead, educate and influence from a nonhierarchical position
• Proven competence in building trust, team building, adaptability and change management, decision making, effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated, a self-starter and proactive, with strong influencing and social skills
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran