11 months ago
What does a Senior Production Support Analyst do for Allegiant?
* In order to better support production issues that require level two support and analysis the IT Department has established a Production Support KTLO (Keep the Lights On) team.
* As a Senior Production Support (PDS) Analyst you will have an opportunity to support the public website and various internal applications, while having the opportunity to do some project management work for small features.
* This is a hands-on position supporting and maintaining all components of Allegiant Travel Company’s IT/software infrastructure (Website, Core reservation system, Mobile applications, Crew scheduling, etc.) and other internal/external applications. Knowledge
of the SDLC (particularly software testing) is critical to this role and requires 24/7 on-call support.
What are some of the daily duties of a Senior Production Support Analyst?
* Deliver the highest level of customer service required to actively and proactively troubleshoot and investigate issues with the affected system as necessary to respond to multiple simultaneous level two Keep the Light On (KTLO) production issues.
* Triage incoming production (KTLO) issues and develop a plan to deliver resolution within the agreed service level.
* Leverage a close working relationship with the various business units; work with business users to understand IT issues that adversely affect business operations
* Integrate with other engineering and project management teams to accomplish the business goals.
* Manage software defect repair and shepherd the fix all the way through to the associated production software release.
* Leverage basic SQL and software testing knowledge to support software testing activities.
* Track production support (KTLO) tickets, provide dependable updates within the (JIRA) ticket and ensure appropriate assignments and priorities within the agreed SLA
* Conduct detailed analysis of business technical requirements as needed to deliver the best solution. Document the solution within the (JIRA) ticket.
* Contribute as a liaison between level-1 support (helpdesk) business, project management, product management and engineering team leaders
* Provide guidance to the team members, status reports, scripting, and overall release leadership throughout the entire quality assurance life cycle of the project/release
* Manage small projects/enhancements
* Write scope documents
* Create process document and flows
What are the minimum requirements to be a Senior Production Support Analyst?
* Education requirements Bachelor’s degree or higher
* Work Experience 6 years plus of customer service experience, software testing, level 1 and 2 IT support, SQL knowledge, project management, and process documentation
* 1 year experience with QA Testing
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Senior Production Support Analyst?
* Technical understanding of the airline/travel industry, E-Commerce platforms, aircraft maintenance systems, airline accounting systems, airline reservation systems and departure control systems.
* Able to represent engineering teams as the interface for a large project team
* Clear understanding of software development processes and roles definition.
* Competent in testing and bug tracking tools(Jira, Confluence and Spira)
* Clear understanding of Sail Point Product
* Must pass a background check
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986.
Interpersonal and Leadership Competencies:
* Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Teamwork skills essential
* Ability to work both independently and as a team member
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Ability to foster a positive, can-do attitude that is accountability focused within the team.
* Provide consistent, timely and proactive communication to cross-functional team, manager, PM group, specific functional groups
* Flexible, organized, and able to handle and follow through on competing priorities/issues
* Must be able to multitask
* Ability to be effective through leadership and influence of cross-functional teams
* Demonstrate integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
* Ability to turn problems into opportunities
* Operate independently with some direction and advice from the manager; bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
* Open to feedback, and strive to improve own performance based on that feedback
What are the physical requirements of a Senior Production Support Analyst if applicable
* Ability to work long hours as necessary to address production issues
* Ability to work overnight or various shifts as necessary
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.