6 months ago
Sr Project Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Honeywell Aerospace engineering team has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Engineer to support development of the HTF NG propulsion system. The HTF NG is a new-centerline turbofan engine based on the successful HTF7000 architecture. The program is preparing for full scale development by validating critical propulsion system technologies. The candidate for this role will drive one or more work packages, including the Low Pressure Turbine, Mechanical Systems, High Pressure Turbine and/or Control Systems modules.
This position requires an engineer with interest, aptitude, and experience associated with the design, development, FAA certification and field support of gas turbine engines for aerospace propulsion applications. Successful candidates must be able to coordinate and manage the technical work executed by Honeywell suppliers, partners and internal support organizations to meet engine program requirements. Responsibilities include planning, execution and cost account management of complex projects; leading multidisciplinary teams through configuration trade studies, conceptual and preliminary design efforts; validating component technologies through test; and execution of design for manufacturing and flawless launch projects in support of module development. Candidates will interact with customers, partners, suppliers, certification authorities and various levels of Honeywell management to define technical requirements and present technical accomplishments.
Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt.
Estimation development and analysis
Risk/OPP development and management
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline
* Must be a US citizen, permanent resident or individual with protected status (i.e. asylum/refugee).
* Minimum of 7 years’ experience in design, development, or field support of gas turbine propulsion
* Direct experience with aircraft engine FAA certification and Part 33 certification requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to plan complex engineering programs, including budget and schedule estimation, resource planning and risk and requirements management.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize cost and schedule risks before they can cause significant program impact, and the ability to develop and execute sound risk mitigation plans.
* The ability to provide significant technical contributions essential to the successful completion of projects.
* Experience with design, analysis and testing of hot-section components
* Experience with the specification and design of controls systems
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to prioritize time and resources effectively.
* Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to react quickly to changing scope.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* Continued Professional Development
* Some Travel Required
* Relocation Provided
* Job ID: HRD2090
* Category: Engineering
* Location: ., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.