5 months ago
* Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
* Imagine a business that employs over ten thousand of the world’s most sought-after engineers and technologists.
* Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
* This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
Moog Inc., was founded in 1951 when Bill Moog had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company that we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Our lines of precision motion control technology can be seen at the forefront of military and commercial aircraft markets, space exploration, and oil and gas markets to name a few.
Moog Space and Defense Group, SDG, continues to see growth in our propulsion and fluid control business and is currently seeking a Propulsion Engineer to add to their team. SDG encompasses spacecraft, missile, launch vehicle and space exploration markets. Primary applications are propulsion systems (earth storable, cryogenic and cold gas) and environmental control and life support systems, ECLSS. Propulsion and fluid control engineering openings cover the broad range of engineering activities ranging from propulsion system design, component design, mechanical analysis, project engineering and production support. These roles are completed by a single person or a team depending on the scale and scope of the project. Some of the key responsibilities of these positions are as follows:
* Overall propulsion system trades and design to support Moog’s Comet Vehicle as well as other vehicle level solutions.
* Performance of trade studies across different propulsion technologies necessary to achieve customer success.
* Business development. Active engagement with customers to develop fluid control solutions.
Mechanical Design / Design Analysis:
* Concept through final design for custom, make to order components to support the various markets. Components include thruster valves, isolation valves, regulators, ball valves, couplings, fill and drain valves and motor driven valves
* Business development. Active engagement with customers to develop fluid control solutions and trade different control methodologies.
* Complete the detailed analysis, stress, magnetic, vibration, thermal, shock, fracture and fatigue analysis necessary to confirm the overall design solution.
* Lead successful proposals as the Proposal Responsible Engineer which includes solution definition and requirements definition, project coordinate, project planning, vendor identification and engineering cost estimating.
* Integrated Product Team, IPT, lead for the development of complex fluid control and propulsion solutions.
* Lead the understanding of the customer requirements to ensure Moog solution meets the customer expectations.
* Lead and coordinate the verification and validation approaches associated with the qualification of the subject hardware
* Lead the creation of efficient assembly and test methods to support the integration and test of systems and components.
* Continuously improve the assembly and test process to reduce lead time and meet on time delivery goals
* 15 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering for Senior level positions. Masters of Science Degree in Engineering with limited experience or a Bachelor of Science Degree with 3-5 years of experience for entry level positions.
* Moog SDG has engineering resource in several locations in the Unites States. The propulsion and fluid controls engineering team works collaboratively across these sites to meet our customer’s need. Ability to work effectively with the others sites is required.
* Travel is required once or twice a month to support customer collaboration as well as coordination with other Moog sites.
* Due to the type of work completed by SDG, US citizenship or US person’s status is required.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran