7 months ago
Sr. Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineering
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54277BR Date posted 09/27/City Troy
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Engineer, Sustaining Engineering in Troy, OH.
Sustaining project engineers are responsible for three core objectives, product improvements and upgrades, cost reduction/supply chain support and manufacturing support of production products.
Key responsibilities are below:
• Lead projects coordinating with the various support organizations to implement changes and demonstrate continued compliance to the equipment specification.
• Lead cost reductions which are identified through a cross-functional group which evaluates cost reduction versus effort.
• Evaluate the impact of the changes on the production product to ensure performance and service life will not be adversely impacted.
• Disposition of material non-conformances, supplier change evaluations and design and specification changes to accommodate manufacturing processes that do not impact performance or service life.
•Sustaining engineers must possess good problem solving and planning skills in order to drive projects to completion.
•The engineer must also be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and learning on the fly as issues come from a number of customers and different levels of complexity.
Qualification: Experience / Qualifications
* Experience managing projects
* Experience with hydraulic actuation or hydro mechanical components
* Experience in aerospace
* Experience with component and/or system design
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
BS degree and three years’ related work experience in an engineering discipline
MS degree and one years’ related work experience in an engineering discipline
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.