10 days ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53538BR Date posted 09/12/City Irvine
N2 Imaging Systems, located in Irvine, CA, is a leading manufacturer of infrared imaging products for military and commercial applications. Recently acquired by UTC Aerospace Systems, N2 is a dynamic place to work, with a cooperative, team-oriented workforce that is dedicated to winning new customers and growing our business.
N2 Imaging Systems is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Quality Engineer whose primary responsibilities are to provide quality engineering services to our manufacturing and procurement teams, in the areas of electronic, opto-electronic and mechanical assembly, as well as qualification testing and supply chain support. The candidate will interface with customers, suppliers and other organizations within our business enterprise.
The candidate must be able to provide a positive interface with our government and prime contractor quality representative and be the focal point with these customers for acceptance and delivery of our products in accordance with contract delivery requirements.
The following are additional job responsibilities for this position:
1. Investigating and resolving non-conformances and quality escapes by utilizing industry and UTC investigation tools and practices, and driving initiatives to implement robust root cause and corrective actions.
2. Collecting, analyzing and using data to drive process improvements.
3. Coordinating first article inspections, contract reviews, and supporting all aspects of product development and/or production, review of designs, specifications and drawings.
4. Assisting Quality Engineering management and other functional managers to implement and develop process and product improvements.
1. US Citizenship required
2. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the Aerospace & Defense and/or commercial R&D and Manufacturing industry
3. Must possess the ability to work well with others in a team environment, and lead as appropriate to ensure team success. Prior team leadership roles a plus.
4. Must be a self-starter, effective communicator and possess the ability to organize and plan your work schedule
5. Must be knowledgeable of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods, as well as the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other engineering technical data
6. Must have the preliminary knowledge of Material Review Board (MRB) processes with the ability to analyze non-conformances for disposition
7. Must be able to support and conduct internal quality audits and interface with third party auditors when required, including experience with ISO-9001 audits and compliance
8. Candidate should have the ability to apply for and obtain a US Government DoD Security Clearance.
* BA/BS degree in related field
* Professional SAE International quality certification a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.