10 months ago
Sr. Reliability Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52195BR Date posted 08/09/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Actuation Systems, Regions and Business Jet Programs business is seeking a Sr. Reliability Engineer to lead/execute, the reliability safety and maintenance of a Actuation program to satisfy customer and certification requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
Actively participate with system and component designers in assuring safety, reliability, and maintainability requirements are met.
* Perform Safety Analysis including FTA, Common Mode Analysis, and Functional DAL analysis.
* Perform reliability predictions and modeling of system and components utilizing knowledge in the system, mechanical, electrical, and software fields of technology.
* Perform FMEA or FMECA on system components down to the piece part and functional level and be able to define effects at the equipment, system and aircraft level.
* Perform dispatch reliability analysis and mission completion analysis.
* Perform Maintainability analysis including MSG-3 Analysis and direct maintenance cost analysis.
* Complete high quality technical documentation that will be used to support aircraft certification per customer requirements and program plans
* Participate as required in root cause failure investigations, generate CAAM analysis and develop product improvement recommendations as part of a team.
* Provide status of all assigned tasks throughout the program life cycle to functional and program management.
* Minimum of 12 years of aerospace industry experience desired
* Minimum of 7 years of experience within the field of Reliability and System Safety is required.
* Candidate will be required to be process oriented, methodical, and have a high level of attention to detail.
* Candidate will be self-driven, able to function as part of a team, and will thrive in a fast paced product development environment.
* Ability to remain organized even with rapidly changing priorities so that no important details are overlooked.
* Ability to clearly communicate technical information (verbal and written).
* Experience with ARP4761 and/or ARP4754A is required.
* Experience with FAR 25 and AC25.1309 is highly desired.
* Experience using Fault Tree software (CAFTA) is highly desired.
* Candidate must be a US Citizen.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Master's degree is highly preferred).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.