3 months ago
Requisition ID: 9160
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Security Coordinator to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Serves in an entry-level and/or support role in the coordination and monitoring of sensitive aspects of the Department of Defense (DoD), National Security Agency (NSA) or other industrial security program, ensuring compliance with government and Company security policies and procedures and all appropriate local, state and federal laws.
* Assists in the coordination and monitoring of sensitive aspects of the DoD, NSA or other industrial security program, ensuring compliance with government and Company security policies and procedures.
* Will conduct tasks of greater complexity and responsibility and learn and apply new technologies and processes than those of the Security Coordinator 2.
* Typical security related functions may include security clearances, classified material registry, information systems, communication security, Special Access Programs, investigations, Security Operations Center, and/or physical security.
* May assist or conduct security briefings and security education programs.
* Normally receives some instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Assists in the planning and scheduling own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
* Networks with internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Interacts with internal and external personnel on matters that may require coordination between organizations.
* Assists in the development of solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Assists in the development of the overall objectives and long range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would typically not have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. May work in a support role on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Continues to develop a better understanding and application of principles, concepts practices and standards. Good knowledge of industry practices. Assists in resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways.
* Performs tasks of greater complexity in regards to commissioning new video surveillance system servers and integration of the new server archive and cameras being discovered and programmed into the directory using RC standard naming convention. Utilize technical skills to discover, set resolutions and frame rates, video format, and troubleshoot communication between field device (camera) and archive server.
* Troubleshooting problems or interruptions with alarm automation and/or receiver software, and contact appropriate IT support personnel.
* Provides oversight of all UL certificated system files; including maintaining system inspection records, scheduling of system inspections to maintain compliance, service records, and records of system declassification or reclassification as program needs change or relocate.
* Maintain GCMS Service Operations; including cost tracking, management of service parts repository, coordination of warranty repair or replacement of parts with vendor contacts, tools to complete service, system as built drawings, and technician training and development.
* Maintains required system records for UL certificates; and issues certificates for new systems or system modifications.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must be able to work Tuesday - Saturday 10PM to 6AM - 3rd Shift Non Standard Work Week
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.