4 months ago
Requisition ID: 7204
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Simulator Technician - USAF CLS/USN COMS to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This job category is involved with installing, repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining in efficient operating condition, a wide variety of electrical, electronic, computational, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment found on simulators and other training devices.
This Sr. Simulator Technician position is within the Rockwell Collins Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area in
Sterling, VA. STS-Sterling develops, builds and modifies aircraft simulators and training systems for both military and
commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from a desktop trainer to a high fidelity weapon system and full-flight
training systems. This position is for a Sr. Simulator Technician who will focus on the support of the initial build of the E-2D
Systems Integration Lab (SIL), E-2D Team Tactics Trainer, E-2D Distributed Readiness Trainer and then perform the general
maintenance of the SIL upon its acceptance by the U.S. Navy.
* This position involves the repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining in efficient operating condition, a wide variety of electrical, electronic, computational and mechanical equipment.
* This position applies the individual’s advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents.
* Examples of the problems faced by this individual include: isolating malfunctions and incorporating engineering changes.
* This position requires a detailed understanding of interrelationships of circuits, the basics of PC Architecture and
* Networking. This position also requires the individual to exercise independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit
* analyses and tracing relationships in signal flow.
* The position involves the use of complex test instruments and computer control equipment.
* This position requires the organizational skills to maintain a lab environment and its assets to include the SIL sparesinventory.
* This position requires the ability to power up SIL as needed to support engineering efforts to include hardware/software integration and formal test.
* The position will have the responsibility of opening and closing a Secure Lab and provide backup lab security.
Experience in use of Test Equipment
Experience in the implementation of U.S. DOD Cybersecurity Process Controls to include Security Technical Implementation
AS degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate’s degree, a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a U.S. DOD Secret Level Security Clearance
Experience in maintenance of U.S. DOD Aircraft or U.S. DOD Simulators.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.