6 months ago
Are you ready to join a World-Class Aircraft Manufacturing Organization?
Moog is the world leader in flight control actuation and critical control products. We support virtually every commercial airline in the world, all U.S. government agencies and global military customers. Our systems design and integration expertise-matched with proven subsystem expertise-means we can achieve higher levels of optimization in more areas. Our fully integrated systems include all actuation, control, power drive, and system software. With an unrivaled mix of system and component expertise, we are uniquely qualified to create solutions optimized around the customer's goal for performance, weight, reliability, and cost.
The Aircraft Group is looking for a Senior Site Safety Engineer. This position works under the general direction of a Group Health and Safety Manager and Site Operations management. The incumbent will be responsible for assuring the facility remains compliant with applicable US regulations. In this position the incumbent is required to work independently and make decisions that can have a direct impact on the compliance status of the site and business group. The incumbent may be required to assist a Group Health and Safety Manager with various compliance related initiatives or gaps at other Group Sites.
Here's what's in it for you:
* Opportunities to influence all site employees, and will be routinely give compliance support/direction to 20-50 personnel
* Working with cutting-edge technology and applications
* Collaborating with other highly talented safety leaders and work with all site departments plus other corporate environmental groups.
* Don't expect tomorrow to be the same as today!
* Significant growth opportunities - Success in this role will lead to leadership responsibilities
Here’s some of the things you’ll be working on day-to-day:
* Manage and assure that Federal and State safety regulations applicable to the site are met.
* Develop, manage and implement site specific Safety policies and training programs to assure compliance with the Site, Business Group and Corporate Safety requirements.
* Required to independently partner with all functional managers /supervisors on site to plan and implement regulatory requirements.
* Lead role in representing the site during any compliance audits, both internal and external. Responsible for assuring audit findings are properly responded to, followed up on and corrected in a timely fashion.
* Coordinate and manage the Sites’ emergency planning; including being available 24/7for responding to site chemical, environmental and/or safety emergencies. This includes being the site’s lead emergency coordinator in emergencies involving hazardous materials releases or other safety impacting emergencies.
* Provide safety support to Program Management and Engineering as required to support customer contract terms and conditions. Tasks may require creation of additional program specific hazardous materials management programs or implementation of industry specific certification programs.
* Provide technical direction to other safety personnel on site. This may include direct supervision as determined by the site management.
* Must be able to provide technical support and troubleshoot equipment for improving safety aspects/impacts. Will be expected to develop and implement technologies that can provide the site with operational efficiencies which are also improving the safety, health and environment within the workplace
We'll be looking for you to have the following:
* BS degree in the field of chemical, environmental engineering or chemistry or environmental sciences.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of environmental and safety regulatory compliance, preferably in manufacturing setting.
* Proven capabilities/competencies in emergency response to chemical spills, and OSHA compliance
* Proven capabilities/competencies in State specific regulatory requirements which the site must manage its operations within.
* For safety positions - Must have 30hour OSHA certification no older than 5 years and 24 hour certification for HazWOPER.
* Incident Command certification preferred.
* Able to explain core requirements of Safety Management Systems and have experience with the implementation and management of them.
We work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people and it shows in everything we do. We'd like to invite you to become part of our continued success.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran