|Title||Sr. SOC Operations Manager|
The Sr. SOC Operations Manager is the most important, single point of command and control, managing system-wide operations. This Sr. Manager will be responsible for day-to-day administration of safe, efficient, on-time and FAR compliant operations, including domestic, international and charter flights. This position will also be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and managing all irregular operations. The duties for the Sr. SOC Operations Manager are, but not limited to, the following:
· Ensure that all Frontier flight operations are conducted in a safe manner, compliant with all applicable FARs, contractual obligations and company procedures.
· In command and control of all aspects of day-to-day operations, coordinate, implement and monitor all flight and operational activity, including the safe movement of entire fleet across 75+ station network.
· Coordinate operations during irregular operations and system wide disruptions.
· Serve as the central point of communication for all operational and system issues. Communicate irregularities, situations, disruptions, cancellations, extended delays or other impact issues with all operational departments.
· Coordinate all activities between various operational departments located in the System Operations Center, including; Maintenance control, Crew Scheduling, System Customer Service, AOG.
· Manage revenue-based decisions, including cancellations and extended delays resulting in significant passenger disruption.
· Commit and control carrier funds, including immediately available forms of corporate payment as needed during operations, including charter and ad-hoc operations.
· Manage both current and advance aircraft routings in coordination with maintenance planning and other system needs, maximizing utilization of Frontier’s fleet.
· Ensure and update status of all Frontier flights in Flight Control system, assuring the correct information being available via FLIFO in the Frontier computer reservation system.
· Aid and recommend in the discipline and termination process as required. Provide assistance and recommendations for the coaching, counseling and discipline of SOC and Dispatch personnel.
· A valid FAA-issued Aircraft Dispatchers license or equivalent operational management experience is required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in large/major air carrier (Part 121) Dispatch and/or System Operations or equivalent operational experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of System Operations Control software and technology (SABRE FliteTrac)
· Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to make quick, yet informed decisions.
· Ability to maintain operational control directing SOC staff to effectively execute decisions.
· Excellent communication skills, including ability to successfully interact with airport authorities, government agents and executive leadership
· Proven ability to make optimal, balanced decisions during stress irregular situations
· Computer applications and software including Microsoft Office Suite, SABRE FliteTrac, SABRE Crew Trac, SABRE reservations
· Shift work to include weekends, holidays, extended hours and ad hoc coverage