2 months ago
Software Engineering Manager, ACE Team
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Come be a part of building the technology future of Alaska Airlines. The Airport Customer Experience team builds a variety of airport applications that help our customers and employees create an amazing travel experience on Alaska Airlines. As we look to the future, Alaska has provided mobile devices to its entire front line workforce and we are looking at ways to use technology to create a delightful and outstanding customer experience. - and that's where you come in.
Alaska Airlines is looking for a Senior Software Engineer skilled in iOS, Web and API Services that will help shape the future of how our customers and employees use mobile technology to create an extraordinary travel experience.
The team is delivering software in incremental pieces via scrum delivery methodologies. This includes working hand-in-hand with our business and constantly shipping innovative solutions that provide immediate business value. We are looking to grow our team by adding an engineer who is passionate about writing code the right way. We are looking for a driven engineer who embodies software craftsmanship and will not only write clean code with robust unit tests, but loves mentoring others on these skills.
Scope & Complexity
- With limited supervision, this position is responsible for developing complex software engineering solutions for the mobile Airport Customer Experience team.
- Contributes as a senior developer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, developers, and testers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Architects, designs, and develops highly scalable and maintainable complex, end-to-end custom, software applications.
- Able to effectively and skillfully contribute to our C# REST API web service platform.
- Ensures delivery high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, mobbing, TDD, continuous integration and code reviews.
- Serves as a mentor and idea leader in continuously improving the team by sharing new technology/process opportunities, and best practices.
- Stays actively engaged in the technology industry and understands how evolving technologies can benefit our organization.
- Embraces other duties as assigned, including rotating on-call support.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of C# and RestAPI experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in iOS & Swift and experience shipping numerous products to the Apple Store.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience creating and supporting REST-based services in a high-scaled micro-service architecture.
- Experience building high-scaled distributed systems using Azure or AWS.
- Expertise with TDD, unit testing, pair/mob programming, and other XP techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to socialize and introduce new ideas and technologies to communities of developers.
- High degree of professionalism, customer service orientation, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication (e.g., verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create collaborative relationships that drive outcomes in the best interest of the company, with others in the organization.
- Experience coaching and developing junior developers.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus with a focus in computer science, or a related discipline.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.